After upgrading Ubuntu to 8.04 (Upgrading to Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy on Compaq (HP) nc6400.) I sadly noticed that Selenium stopped working. As I found out it is because Selenium currently does not support Firedfox 3 and Ubuntu comes with Firefox 3 Beta 5.
After some search I found this blog entry on having both Firefox 2 and Firefox 3 on the same machine which was encouraging but in the end I it is not needed.
I installed Firefox 2 - in addition to Firefox 3 by typing
sudo aptitude install firefox-2
I created a new profile and played with that part but in the end I removed it as it is not really needed.
What I had to do is to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable before launching the Selenium-RC. So I have a shell script:
I also change the browse definition in the test script to point to the full path of the firefox-2 binaries.
my $sel = WWW::Selenium->new( host => "localhost", port => 4444, browser => "*chrome /usr/lib/firefox/firefox-2-bin", browser_url => "http://localhost", );
That's all folks.Published on 2008-06-11 by Gabor Szabo blog comments powered by Disqus