Once in a while someone asks me to recommend places in Budapest and the surraunding.
Instead of collecting the places every time here is the list available for all.
Just keep in mind that things might change so some of the recommendations might not be that good any more.
Recommendations in Budapest
I guess it will be difficult to recommend only 2-3 places so here is a longer list with some comments.
Ice Cream and Cakes
- Daubner probably the best icecream and best cakes in the country. It is not in the center of the city, but it is worth it.
- Raj Ráchel Cake Salon - Budapest, Veres Pálné u. 31, 1053 Hungary
- Auguszt another fine pastry shop
- Szamos Started out as a marzipan shop, and now it has lots of places with excellent icecreams, cakes, and marzipans.
- Gesztenyepüré - Chestnut cream
- Somlói Galuska -
- Flódni (Try it in Raj Rachel Cake Salon)
- Rom Kocsmák or Ruin Pubs in English are fun places.
- The whole area in what was the Jewish Ghetto has a lot of pubs, coffee shops and restaurants.
- Gozsdu Udvar is located in that area too.
- There is another nice pub/coffee shop area in the city in Jókai tér (Jokai square)
next to the Octogon which can be reached using the M1 metro line or by tram 4 or 6.
- Kőleves Vendéglő (Stonesoup Restaurant and Garden) is in the same area.
Places for kids
Other places of interest
Hiking ideas in and near Budapest
Published on 2018-12-14 by Gabor Szabo