Once in a while someone asks me to recommend places in Budapest,
so instead of writing them every time again, let me list them here and then
I can point them to this site.
Recommendations in Budapest
I guess it will be difficult to recommend only 2-3 places so here is a longer list with some comments.
Ice Cream and Cakes
- Daubner probably the best icecream in the country.
- Rom Kocsmák or Ruin Pubs in English are fun places.
- The whole area in what was the Jewish Ghetto has a lot of pubs, coffee shops and restaurants.
- Gozsdu Udvar is located in that area too.
- There is another nice pub/coffee shop area in the city in Jókai tér (Jokai square)
next to the Octogon which can be reached using the M1 metro line or by tram 4 or 6.
- Kőleves Vendéglő (Stonesoup Restaurant and Garden) is in the same area.
Places for kids
Other places of interest
Published on 2006-07-19 by Gabor Szabo
In the comments, please wrap your code snippets within <pre> </pre> tags and use spaces for indentation.
blog comments powered by