GitHub Actions for programmers
- Be able to setup GitHub Action as a Continuous Integration system.
- Run GitHub Actions on Linux, macOS, and MS Windows.
- Run GitHub Actions in Docker containers.
- Software developers and programmers who need to work co-operatively on projects.
- Duration of the course is 8 academic hours. One full day or 2 half-days.
- The course includes approximately 40% hands on lab work.
- An understanding of the cloud-based source-code management.
About GitHub Actions
- GitHub Actions vs GitHub workflows
- What kind of things can be done using GitHub Actions
Creating the first workflow
- The basic structure of the YAML configuration files
- Select the platform
- Run simple shell commands
- manually running jobs
- selecting branches
The matrix of jobs
- Defining variables in the matrix
- Excluding sets
- Including sets
Using services in the workflows
- Using MongoDB
- Using PostgreSQL
- Using MySQL/MariaDB
- Using Redis
Variables and Secrets
- Display the existing environment variables
- Create environment variables for jobs
- Stores secrets
- Use the secret in the workflows
If you would like to bring this course to your organization, let's talk about it! You can reach me via email at email@example.com or you can go ahead and schedule a chat: