If your company is looking for DevOps training, here are a few questions I am going to ask:
- What technologies do you use? (operating systems, programming languages, databases)
- What kind of products and services do you have? (Web?, Desktop?, Server on premise of the client? Mobile?)
- Do you use any virtualization in the company? What kind of virtualization?
- How do you configure your servers today?
- How many developers do you have? How many QA people? How many sysadmins?
- Do you use any cloud-based services? Which ones? Do you plan using cloud services?
- What version control system do you use?
- Do you have nightly builds?
- How do you test the products/services? (Manual QA? Automated tests?)
- How do you release and/or deploy today?
Published on 2018-01-02 by Gabor Szabo